Friday, February 23, 2007

Blogmaniaaaaaa

seeing as i am probably going to die soon i thought i better jump on the blog bandwagon and fill all you people in on my little adventures recently. but no seriosuly i have a "stomach infection" so i am at home while my family is in st moritz (boo hoo) but i think i have been misdiagnosed so if i am not better by like tomorrow i am suing for malpractice (kidding) but i will be back at the doctors to get some more meds!!
between getting my tooth pulled out and getting a hefty bill of 4000 francs and my fondue eye that i recently recovered from i think this country is out to get me. the kids have chicken pox at the moment and it wouldnt surprise me if i eneded up with shingles soon. back home i was never sick, yea a runny nose or whatever but none of these foul diseases or missing teeth..... ANYWAY!! im over it but seriously i cant wait to be healthy again, the only good thing about this whole sickness business is the fact that i get to sit on my bum (or lay in my bed) and blog. oh and not eat which cant hurt a person!
well last week i was in samedan (the mountains house) and my christmas present from my family was a ski lesson. now i was freaking out. i thought i was going to break a leg or something but i really enjoyed it! i am not like a full on olympianand i was soooo slow but i was doing it and i wouldnt mind doing it again if someone else paid for it as its really expensive. the following days were torture as my body felt like it had been run over by a truck but i was so proud of myself for going out of my comfort zone and i only fell over once!
then the weekend rolls around and lacey, amanda and i head off to amsterdam. there was a fear that my head would explode as i hadnt checked with my dentist if i could fly yet but no pains yet (besides the rest of my body) so i think its safe to say i will be ok!! mmmm amsterdam.....
the venice of the north. thats putting it nicely. while there is plenty on museums and pretty canals there it wasnt my scene. the city is tarnished by all the people who go there to take drugs and smoke weed. the whole time we were there the sky was a dull gray and i wasnt sure if it was bad weather or the haze of pot smoke. every breath i took i inhaled marijuana and every second person i saw in our hostel was high on something.
as for our living arrangements i wouldnt send my worse enemy there, especially if they have an issue with heights, cleanliness or bad smells. the staircase was like a ladder (which was fun with my 20kg bag) the room was so not cleaned in the last 3 years and the acrid smoke seeping out from under the door of the room next door was foul!
lacey and i werent well majority of the trip so it kind of minimised our exploring ambitions but we did see what i wanted to which included:
anne frank house: after being there i am going to read the book. what an amazing story and to be in the house her family hid in was so surreal
van gogh museum: a really nice museum with lots to see. we studied his work at school so it was cool to see some originals (or at least i think they were originals)
heineken experience: was in an original brewery. they have made this tour so much fun with rides, free beer, interesting history and a cute little free gift at the end. a must see if u dare go to amsterdam
rijksmuseum: if i was a museum person this would be a good one. they held lots of rembrandts work and this is the netherlands national museum.
we also went to coster diamonds where we went on a FREE tour about diamonds and got ripped off on a 10 euro canal ride but at least we did it.
the red light district was a treat - i think all the guys i know would love this strip but the only word i can think of when i think off this street is repulsed. there were girls just in windows making googly eyes at people and doing these little dances that i guess were supposed to be sexy. amanda was appaled and what made me feel gross was seeing men come out of these little windowy things with a job just finished. like i know its legal but where is your respect???
so anyway - thats me finished being a prude and i am sure amsterdam would look a lot prettier on a sunny day and when i wasnt feeling so unwell. all in all though it was a great holiday because i got to spend time with my two best friends here lacey and amanda and we really were so good to each other even when we were feeling our worse. one of the things i did love about amsterdam though was that in all the museums you could send free video mail to people back home so i hope i got my emails right and at least some people got a video from me!
bis spater and until next time, megz xoxo

1 comment:

LuLu said...

Dude...that pic of you on skiis is eeffing hilarious!!

So glad I got to spend time with you and Manda in the Dutch country this past weekend. Hopefully our next trip will be a bit better, less pot filled, and definitely I hope it will be less sickly!!

I love you Megz!!!