Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sea..... Glorious Sea!

So I have no idea what happened to my previous post " reaching little australia" so I will have to do that another time! I am currently being charged an arm load to sit on this little greek computer, so I'll be quick!

6am Monday morning Lacey and I left our warm beds and got ready to head to Secluk bus station in preparation for the greek end of the holiday. We had booked a 7.30 bus to take us down to Bodrum where our cruise ship picked us up.

THE BUS DIDNT COME! We had to wait till 9am for a bus to pick us up and by that stage I was mad! We were allowed to board our boat at 3pm so we wanted to be down there early so we could have a look at the town.
It was beautiful scenery on the drive and finally by midday we were at the coastal town of Bodrum. Very touristy, Bodrum looks like a cool little town. A man hailed me down whilst walking to the ship and said he could do my hair for ten lira, so I got a wash, cut and colour for ten bucks! I was so happy as I had cut my own hair a few weeks early and it looked like a blind 4 year old had done the job! My hair is really short now and I love it!
So back to the important things! We had a little lunch by the beach and then we walked the million kilometres with our huge packs to the big cruise ship!

It was like a floating hotel in reception and we were really impressed! Thankfully we got this cruise for about 500USD for both of us which included 7 nights accomodation and breakfast and lunch or dinner. It is pretty basic in our little cabin but so nice to be able to relax and leave our stuff unpacked. It has been a drag having to pack up all the time and lock all our stuff.


First night on the ship we had to do a mock emergency drill and Lacey and I took it very seriously as you can see from the above photo. I am having Titanic flash backs just thinking about it.

The best thing about our ship is that I am pretty sure Lacey and I are the most popular people on board..... not to mention, the youngest. There was no warning on the website than mentioned that we were boarding a retirement cruise. So I have taken to calling the ship the "Geri Train" i.e the geriatric boat. All the people are so nice though. Most of them have seen more places than me and I think it is so cute how these elderly people come on these holidays and see the world, hahahaha!

We are having lots of fun though and we are seeing some really beautiful places. Yesterday our day was spent on the island of Kos and it was really nice to spend our time shopping, sightseeing and relaxing. Kos is a very touristy island and we talked to a few of the locals and enjoyed a pitta gyros for lunch which was really good!

The afternoon was spent relaxing on the top deck reading and listening to music. We are really luck to be having such nice weather. Supposedly October is meant to be stormy but I havent seen a cloud in the sky.


This morning at 2am our ship set sail for Paros and we didnt arrive here till about 1pm this afternoon. Our first stop was the internet cafe but from what we have seen between here and the ship is really pretty. I really like how all the buildings in Greece are white. It is so beautiful against the blue sea!


Tonight we might head out an enjoy some nightlife that the island has to offer, though I am not sure. Tomorrow we head to Mykonos and that is supposed to be one of the nicest islands here! I'll let you know!
Sorry if I havent been in touch much. Getting acces to computers and payphones isnt so easy on the ship.
Write again soon x x x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOunds like you guys are having a blast!! Im soo jealous!! not only of the fact that you're travelling but that you're in a tanktop and skirt while im in pants and a coat over here!!! I miss you two like crazy...give lil Lacey a big hug from me k!
tschuss,
Mckenzie -xxx-