Friday, June 29, 2007

Herbie, Manda and I

For my birthday my boss got me two tickets to go and watch Herbert Groneymeyer. Now I know everyone back home would be like 'whoooooo?' But Herbert Groneymeyer is a famour German singer who is 51 years old and has like 12 CD's. Not many of my friends were jumping at the chance to go with me but good ol' Manda decided to brave the rain and head out to Bern with me.
Now Bern was like1 hour away and is the capital of Switzerland but kind of like Canberra, much smaller not much happening, where as Zurich is like Sydney the biggest city where all the fun is!


The concert though was being held at Stadt de Suisse which is the biggest stadium in Switzerland it is like a ginormous football field and holds 30,000 people. I would say at least 20,000 people were at this concert last night.
This concert was Mr Groneymeyers last show EVER so it was basically a sell out event.



Ok so all the songs were in German but they are played on the radio here all the time so I knew some of them and I am kind of embarrassed to say but I had the best time!
Manda and I went to a thai restaurant for dinner, we actually found the place without getting lost or located in another town and we were full on rocking along with all the other german speaking herbie lovers.
We had to leave at like 9pm to make sure we got home in time for our trains but it was cool, we made videos and danced along and they were actually good songs I only wish I knew the words.



It was nisc also just to be with Manda... she goes home in 6 weeks so now time is precious and I will treasure every moment becuase who knows when I will see her next.

Thanks Manda mango for coming and being such a good friend, I had fun as always like I do with you, hope you did too xoxox



Maxine, Nicolas and I made necklaces today we had lots of fun! ;-)

No comments: