Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Suddenly down South in the Sun

I love how Lacey and I will be chatting away on Skype and then randomly decide that we should go somewhere for the weekend. I also love how the Swiss rail site (SBB) has these deals called "click and rail" which enable Lacey, Manda, Sara and I to jump on a train at sunrise on Saturday and go down to Lugano which is in the Italian region of Switzerland in Ticino.

I had already been to Lugano before but was happy to go there again as it is really pretty. There is no german speaking to be heard and everything is "Italianisch".
Lacey found a deal for a hotel/hostel where we pay 25 francs a night in a 16 dorm room.








We got to the hotel and straight away went to the pool which we had to ourselves. We spent hours in the sun and swimming in this gorgeous pool. Later on in the day we walked down to the city centre which is by the lake and had a small lunch and gelato.

We then wandered a bit furthur on and found a spot in the shade to do some furthur sitting and relaxing. Laceys pulled out a bottle of presecco for me from her boss so we enjoyed that. We took lots of funny photos and enjoyed each others company. Manda and Sara go home now in less than two months and we know it will fly. We are going to try and find some more weekends away but it will be so hard when they leave. Lacey and I will miss them terribly. All day Manda kept writig down things that we say (or quotes) so that she can remeber what we used to be like.



We went back to the hostel to check all our things in and then walked back down to the city to find a restaurant for dinner. We ended up having Italian (!!!) and a really nice dessert. More talking and laughing we finally headed home to open yet another bottle of wine. We were enjoying this outside until security booted us back to our rooms which probably wasnt so bad as we all had early trains in the morning.

Sara and Manda were headed back to Zurich but Lacey and I were going down to Milan to meet her mum and aunt. Milan isnt pretty, safe or clean but I wanted to go back down to go down to see the "Last Supper" Unfortunately we still werent able to get in as bookings for this place are impossible to get but I was happy to go up the top of one of my favourite Duomos and see Milan from high up.



We had a really nice and got to do some furthur exploring of Milan as last time we were there it was freezing! On Sunday it was 27 degrees.

We got home really late on Sunday night and I had to walk home in the rain but I had a really nice weekend with my friends. Its always nice to come home though and sleep in your own bed.

I am also in the process of trying to organise my sisters trip as they will be here soon. I think we will go to Barcelona together and I might send them off on a few trips by themselves. Switzerland in itself is so beautiful so I think they will be happy to explore around here also. I cant wait to see you girls xoxoxo

No comments: