Saturday, July 07, 2007

Zuri Fest


Every 3 years a festival takes place in downtown Zurich for 3 days. My friends and I decided to brave the crowd the first night and head into town.
We all met at the main station and then spent a fair amount of time finding a locker for all of our junk. We then went and bought lots of drinks along with another 1000 people. We had a great time wandering through the streets and looking at the different stalls. There were so many rides to go on and Zurich looked completely different!



After watching a fantastic display of fireworks go off over the lake from the Burkliplatz we wandered over to Stadlehofen. On the way we met two Ameircan guys who were working in a physics lab. With them we then went on the ferris wheel. We had a 'sausage'l ike a typical Swiss person and then went on two of the scariest rides at the fest. I spent the remainder of the night screaming my head off and laughing!


It really wasnt the best idea to consume a lot of alchohol and eat before going on the ride so Lacey, Sara and I were feeling extremely ill at the end. We stumbled over to the train station and headed home about 2pm. Finally home at 3am Lacey and I had the best night sleep ready for our day today looking after my kids while there is a party at my house with 60 of my bosses friends from a cigar club (I think....)


So it is really sunny and hot here today so we will go outside soon and perhaps push Lacey into the lake.

3 comments:

LuLu said...

Oh...there was NO pushing into the lake!! I LOVE the pic of the two of us in this post...a bit blurry but still so fun and really shows exactly what the night was about...FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Hey man...you need to fix the link to your photo page...I'll help if you need it!! Love you.....me

Anonymous said...

I wanna come back!!!!

This is the first time I've looked at your blog and just love it!!!

Totally making me homesick for Europe though. I really wish I could have stayed longer coz there is still so much more that I wanted to do/see. Since you're staying longer maybe we will still get a chance to do some more travelling together. A week in the Sth of France maybe???

Take care!!!
xoxo

Megan said...

Wow so glad that you are reading my blog Jai Jai! Just me ranting about the gay things that I am doing over here!
I will be here for another 14 months so make sure you come back and visit me!!
Hope all is well!