Sunday, September 02, 2007

Die Langest Nacht...of my life!

Well Lacey is still sleep (and its 10.30am) from our previous night out so I thought this morning would be a good opportunity to blog and get you up to date on whats been happening.

School holidays have now been over for 2 weeks so my family and I have been getting back into routine. Noel is now in his second year of kindergarten, the twins now go to a billingual forest group twice a week and I am will start my french class 6th Sept.

Unfortunately last week though I became really sick. I am not sure what I had but I stayed in bed for a few days and couldnt eat and had a fever. It was horrible. I am never sick and then nowadays I always catch the smallest bug! It was a quick recovery though because on Friday 24th of August it was my bosses 40th birthday and I was well enough to go out for lunch with the family and start to prepare for her party.



Lacey and I both attended which was really good. Held in Tieffenbrunnen the theme was "be the popstar you always wanted to be". So being the younglings Lacey and I dreassed up as Shakira and Beyonce respectively, but some people went all out and dressed as Abba, Madonna, Elvis, etc. The night was great and everyone looked fantastic. The location was awesome with an outdoor area to cool down after dancing on the huge dancefloor and there was also a standing room where you could get drinks and food (which was really yum!!)



Lacey and I enjoyed ourselves to the max and were talking to some really nice people throuhout the night. We drank ourselves silly and had had to call it a night after one little person decided she had had enough! A really fun night though, we then spent Sunday by the lake with our friends and David, Laceys new boyfriend joined us. It was also the last time we got to hang out with our friend Svetlana as she was leaving the country to go back home to Canada on the 31st of August.




This past week though I got back into my swimming routine after my full recovery and have also started listening to my french classes. I think I will enjoy french more since I hopefully will pick it up faster than I did german, but it is also really hard. Maybe I dont have a good nack for languages...

Wednesday I was at my au pair coffee metting and had the chance to meet some more people that have started to attend. At one point there was only like 5 girls coming which wasnt as good, but now there seems to be more people going which I think is good, and we got to meet some nice girls who are nannys also here.

It was also decided at the meeting that we would all plan to go to the "Lange Nacht Museum" a night that was put on where all the 40 museums in Zurich are open all night and they each have different events happening within them.

We gave one of the girls our money and she got our tickets for us.

Friday then rolled around and I got to go to the Zurich zoo with Maxine. Nicolas went to his Oma and Opa's house and Noel was at school so we drove into the city and met Laura with her two kids Cami and Jeremy and Krystal with her little girl Patricia. There was also another Canadian girl who was there and she was really nice too, looking after two little american kids.




And as you can see Maxine really likes to look at the camera when having her photo taken!!

Maxine was so well behaved the whole day and we had so much fun together. We saw heaps of animals, got to go in the rainforest and had lunch with all the other kids. After a big day and an icecream we headed home where she fell asleeep in the car. I then had to babysit on Friday night.




Saturday we all decided to go to the flea markets to see if we could find any bargains but it was seriously all just junk - and it grossed me out!!! We sat in the park though and had a nice lunch and then Lacey and I went home to get ready for our long night in the museums experience....

We were told you had to dress nicely so we beautified ourselves and then met everyone in the city at 7pm.
So many of the girls showed up without tickets, and then found out that they werent able to gain entrance. So in the end, it ended up being Lacey and I with Candace and Patricia who were the planners of the night and then the two nannies that we met Amy (from England) and another Patricia (from Scotland - and I swear I cant understand this girl). Oh and a new Brazillian au pair in Lauras german class!

So the night really wasn't what we had expected. You paid for our ticket and we assumed that that included the nibblies and drinks at each place we went to including entrance but unfortunately it didnt. So we just got in then everything else was extra which was sad to me, but it was good to hang out with some different girls I guess. The only major problem of the night really was the fact that I think we probably walked at least 10km around Zurich through out the night and also spent at least 5 hours on various forms of transport.

The night was meant to go until about 5am after visiting such places as the Rietberg Museum, the North America Museum, the Chinese Gardens, a cabaret show, the Zoo and the Kunsthaus Museum but we actually only made it to like the first two before we got bored of wandering throughout the city.



I think if I was maybe wearing like hiking shoes and more prepared for a night of fitness and not a night of fun and drinks then I would have enjoyed myself more.

So Lacey and I headed home to Meilen on the 11.51pm train and came home and watched a movie.

She is now awake and we are looking for yet more travel deals and at 4pm we will leave to go to yet another au pair coffee with a different group of people to hopefully extend our network of friends.

Sorry my blogs have been so few and far between, hopefully I will be more diligent and pop on here more often in the future!

Hugs and kisses,
Megz


I keep telling Maxine its bad luck to put umbrellas up inside....

2 comments:

LuLu said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pics of Maxine! She is so cute! The best one is her and Jeremy holding hands...awwww...sweet! Had a great weekend (by the way...thanks for telling everyone about my sleeping habits...hehe) Mmmuuuuaaaaa!

Megan said...

Lacey admit that you are a sleep-a-holic!
I want Maxine to look at the camera - why do you keep saying you like weird photos??????
I love youuuuu!