Thursday, June 07, 2007

JT, A Nut Tree and a walk out!



Saturday morning began at 5.45am as we (being Sara, Lacey, Manda and I) for a soap car race in Laceys town of Winkel. We were officials who judged kids driving in little go karts. It was a really fast track and supposedly hese races occur every weekend all over Switzerland. The day would have been a lot more enjoyable had the weather been favourable but it was still a good experience and you could see that at least 100 kids had a great day competing.




JT, would be who else but Justin Timberlake. My friends kept teasing me about going to his concert at the Messe Hallenstation in Oerlikon on Saturday night after the Soap Car Race. The concert was held in the biggest concert hall in Zurich and it was full on Saturday night.



The concert itself was amazing. Natasha Bedingfield was the opening act and she was really good. Timbaland also made an appearance and did a few songs. The dancing throughtout the night was great, Timberlake could reproduce his sound really well and it was especially cool because we had dance floor tickets and they had put the stage as a circle in the middle so it was really close to everyone.



I went home straight after the concert as I was dog tired and also my parents were back home from their day out to Luzern. On Sunday morning my parents also took my friends and I out to the Movie Bar in Zurich City for a huge brunch.




It was a real treat and we then walked around the city for the rest of the day, my favourite part of the day was climbing up to the top of the GrossMunster a famous church in Zurich. We had a great view of the whole city. My parents loved my friends and it was a really good day. After we went home and Beat took my parents and I out on the boat. It was only my second time on the lake and we went north in the sense that we headed back down to Zurich. It was a really clear day so it was beautiful on the lake.



Monday was my parents last day in Europe so Catherine, Nicolas, Maxine, me and Mum and Dad caught the steam boat from Mannedorf to Rapperswil. Nicolas loves that boat and we went to our favourite restaurant on the lake called Dieci!. It was a lovely last day for my parents. We then came home and sorted out the rest of their stuff.



It was time for me to drive them to the airport at 7.30pm. I didnt want to cry when I said goodbye to my parents once again. I can do it here by myself. I have done so for the last 8 months but nothing is like having your parents beside you. Nothing like being able to turn to them for anything and knowing there undying love for you will be enough.

I did cry once my mum started to but my parents promised to try and keep more contact with me and I was so happy for them that they had a great time over here. They are in Bankgkok now and boiling but hopefully they will be back here again next May and after that there will only be 4 months and I will be home forever.

I love you Mum and Dad I hope you had fun and I always think of you.

As for the whole walk out scenario - I left German class. As in I am not going back. Aghhh I had enough and I cant do it anymore. My teacher is bordering on crazy and I cant handle it. I never hear German at home or anywhere and when I do try and speak German I get answered in English. So maybe I will go back to an easier class or something to at least try and learn but wont be going back to my other class - I had enough.

No comments: