Wednesday, June 06, 2007

One final trip with the two people I love most...

I got to go to Venice and Salzburg and St Tropez with my Mum and Dad, but on Wednesday after my parents arrived in Zurich Tuesday (haha - just hours after I got my new tooth) we caught the train down to Interlaken. Extreme sport capital of Switzerland and perhaps even Europe.

My dad had heard from his P.A that Lauterbrunnen was beautiful so I organised a hotel in this quaint town and we set off. We arrived in Interlaken Ost about midday and it was a gorgeous day. Clear and sunny we knew this may not last so we decided to head up to the Junfraujoch. This is the tallest railway station in Europe and also known as the "Top of Europe" at 3454m.

We climbed this mountain with a few different trains and plenty of tourists and finally made it at about 4pm. As you can see the view was amazing and luckily my parents were blessed with a fresh drop of snow so everything was especially pretty and white. We got to take heaps of photos, go out on top of the mountain, see a glaicer, go into an ice cavern and look at ice sculptures and all round have a great day. My parents were so cute andf n awe of the snow and if it wasnt for the few weeks I had spent in St Moritz I would have been too. Nothing compares to the alps in Switzerland. The magnitude of them blows you away especially as an Australian who lives on the beach!













We checked into our hotel 9pm that ngiht and had a lovely dinner in the hotel. Our room was so nice and typically swiss. We had to climg to the top of the whole hotel but besides that it was so perfect.
On the Thursday we were there we wanted to go to the Trummelbachfalls which are famous in the region. We got to go a scenic route with a cable car, a train on the edge of the mountain to Murren a pedestrian town after Lauterbrunnen which was so cute and then the scary and swingy gondolas that are crammed full of people and dip. Hahahaha me and Mum were the only two people squealing!After some swiss cheese and biscutis for lunch we caught a bus to the falls which were insane. It was huge and we actually go to go inside the falls and climb to the top. Sadly we couldnt get that many good photos becuase of all the water but here a few to give you and idea.






















It was a fairly leisurely day but I need to catch the train back to Zurich that night so we got me some dinner and got me on the train at 7pm so it was a free ride beause of my "Gleis Seiben" Pass that allows me to travel all over Switzerland for free after 7pm, it is so good!

I got home feeling fairly sad knowing that my parents are going home soon but they will be back on Friday night so we can hang out more then and I have also booked a tour for them to go up Mt Pilatus which is in the pretty town of Luzern one hour from Zurich.

I kind of feel like a baby needing my Mum and Dad to feel safe. I have been clinging to them the past few weeks because it feels like forever since I have had them. Talking on the phone and Skype isnt the same as being able to hold them and say goodnight to there face. I miss them, I miss my sisters. But it is still right to be here and I am so much stronger. Even though they arent here I know they love me still the same and I will see them soon enough.

No comments: