Friday, June 01, 2007

Thankfully I didnt fry like an egg...

Not many people in there life time get to say they vacationed in St Tropez so even though I wasnt techinically on a holiday because I was still working it was nice to be on the French Riviera and enjoy the sunshine.

After leaving a stupid o'clock on Wednesday morning we sped down to the South of France in about 9 hours. We were staying at Pierre & Vacance at Port Grimaud. My boss Beats brothers family also came with us so in total 5 kids, me and the parents! Our accomodation was villas that housed about 9 people each. I got my own room and bathroom which was nice. In the hotel there was a couple of pools (one of which was a wave pool), playground, shops, restaurants and sporting courts like tennis and basketball.

My parents also arrived on Thursday so I took Friday off and also spent the weekend with them. Friday we headed back up the coast to Monaco. Home of one of the more famous Grand Prix tracks I got to see the stands being set up as the race was the following weekend. We also went to see the palace where the controversial royal family reside and look out at the Meditteranean which was beautiful and clear.


Day 2 Saturday we went to Cannes where the film festival was being held at the time. It was a great atmosphere. It was really hot and there were a lot of people searching for stars but it was cool to see all the countries pavillions, the red carpets, loads of souvenirs and plenty of black tinted window cars circling the streets.

On Sunday my final day with my parents we drove inland to Grasse home of perfume. We went on a tour of an original perfume factory and bought some goodies. We the went into the main city centre and went on a train tour of the city. We also explored the rose expo that was taking place.

It was so nice to spend some more quality time with my parents in there hotel also. They had a great view from there room and we ate in, drank panache (the french version of Radler) and relaxed. My parents were only staying till Thursday so they continued there sightseeing whilst I went back to work on Monday.

Our vacation was quite structured in the sense that each morning we woke up had a huge breakfast and then went to a different beach every day. The first day we went to a beach that had loads of seaweed but then after that one all the beaches we amazing and had deep clear blue water. There also wasnt many tourists while we were there so that was good. After a couple of hours in the sand we then would go to a different fancy restaurant every day. These place were all set on the beach and some had there own beach which you paid for but got to use there deck chairs and shower stc - it was all very fancy!! After a ginormous 3 course lunch we would go and have a rest and then out to the wave pool for the afternoon. The kids loved this pool and by the end of our vacation they were jumping the waves by themselves! Then to the park and then to the restaurant in our hotel.


I ate heaps on this trip as you probably guessed but it was such a nice time away and it was great to see my parents down here too. We also all went to St Tropez which is supposed to very exclusive and fancy but it wasnt that beautiful and it smelt like sewerage while I was there. It is really popular beacause of all the big ships that go there, but majority of them were in Cannes while I was there anyway so it wasnt that great. I also got a few new thing while I was there. I also enjoyed Port Grimaud which was like a mini venice with canals - we got to take a boat ride and go to the beach there too.

Luckily we enjoyed great weather the whole time away and I dint get sunburnt at all. One day I got a migraine from being in the sun too long but I have a huge sleep and I was fine again for the afternoon wave pool adventure!

We went home on the Friday which was good so I got to be home for the weekend with my friends. On the way home we drove through the Geneva route and Catherine and Beat offered me the afternoon off to spend exploring Geneva. I decided to take them up on the offer and had a great time looking around. Geneva is so cool because it is in the French speaking part of Switzerland. I got to go to the infamous fountain (the tallest in the world) wander around the old town and go on a touristic train ride along lake Geneva. I did more shopping here (hehe) and then caught the train home at 7pm, making it back to Meilen at about 10ish.


While I was also away my closing time regarding my decision to stay an extra 12 months was drawing to an end. To be honest even though it is so hard to be away from everyone and be making next to no money in the bottom of my heart I kind of knew that I wasnt going home in September. My life seems so right here right now and I am happy doing what I am doing. I have made beautiful friends and even though some girls will go home in August, I think I will be right making new friends in the future.

I feel like maybe my life is on hold at the moment and real life is till waiting for me. I think thought that this is an experience I will never have again (at least not in Switzerland, which could be my 2nd most favourite place in the world) and maybe God offered me this pathway because he knew it was best for me. I know my parents will support me in my deicsion and I will keep the contact with my beautiful sisters and friends back home so they dont forget how much I love them.

I hope that my friends will visit but if they dont, dont worry we will be back many times after this and there is so much more to see and I want to see it all. So while I miss you whoever you are reading this, know that I have a special place for you at the bottom of my heart and I always think of you.

P.S my Visa hasnt even been approved yet so you never know I could be home 27th September as planned anyway... we'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: